The individuals that come to my office seeking professional counseling are often motivated to:
- Accomplish better management of anxiety, depression, anger or other challenging emotions. This may be due to current stress caused by unemployment, personal loss, illness, etc. or early traumatic events.
- Address challenges in their relationships such as marital stress, family crisis and parent-child conflicts which may have left them feeling lonely, angry or resentful.
- Develop increased self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Attain a better knowledge of themselves. This might involve revisiting early life events to be utilized as a catalyst for growth and self-awareness.
- Find an evidence-based solution for insomnia, which will increase energy level and productivity.
- Acquire skills that empower them to reach life goals.
It can be difficult to speak openly about our personal challenges. In some ways, therapy is a leap of faith. Change can be scary, and it is appealing to avoid addressing our painful issues.
We frequently try to run from the pain, numbing ourselves by keeping busy, abusing substances, eating too much and utilizing other avoidance strategies. This often results in depression, anxiety and a life that lacks direction.
My extensive training in various techniques, such as Psychodynamics, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness, Solution-Focused Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and CBT-I for insomnia, allows me to individualize my approach, in individual, couples and group therapy.
Additionally, my previous experience as a medical professional, helps me to apply a mind-body holistic approach to address the difficulties that my clients encounter in their day to day life.
A commitment to positive change calls for courage to do the required inner work that is needed to achieve a purposeful, fulfilled life. My mission is to help my clients in their journey to accomplish this goal.
With both a collaborative and empowering style, I partner with my clients to enable them, in a non-judgmental way, to clarify and actualize their dreams and goals, giving voice to their unique, personal character and needs.